October 1, 2009

Trusting an Intuitive Flash

All through my working life , I was used to doing air bookings via the Internet but making rail booking were a new ball game altogether! You were dealing with the Government after all and therefore, more reason to be filled with apprehensions!

A month back I tried booking train tickets via the internet. The process went through successfully. My confidence doing railway bookings grew, till last week when things just did not work! For some reason or the other things just did not go through as before. This time I thought I would used my debit card instead of my credit card. The failed transaction resulted in the amount being debited to my SB account without the ticket being booked! I tried again with my credit card, but things did not change. After a few calls to the call center I felt relieved that despite the transaction having one far, no amount was debited to my credit card. The confidence I had gained suddenly was at an all time low and I had still to book my return tickets but felt too diffident to try again. I gave up the idea and decided that the best recourse would be to go to the railway station and book the old-fashioned way! I decided I would do this in a couple of days as there were plenty of berths available for the journey I had planned.

Then yesterday while cooking the morning meal, a thought suddenly flashed, a voice all too insistent said that I keep my cooking aside and switch on the computer and do my booking. I hate giving up tasks mid way in order to get on with others, but today was just different. It felt as if a voice in my head kept saying 'do it now' and it got louder and louder. I tried to ignore it, but it got the better of me and within fifteen minutes I had switched on the system and opened irctc.co.in and lo and behold the transaction was over and done with. I was able to get a confirmed booking, all within a matter of less than 5 minutes! I was pleasantly surprised and relieved. There would be no need to step out of home to do the booking, something I just abhor, especially when the heat of the day gets the better of you.

Many a times we ignore a hunch and take it for granted as just a passing thought. It's only when we pay heed to it that we realise that even if it comes unwarranted, it comes with a reason; it comes to teach us to rely on that something we call 'intuition' that is a gift to all who will trust in it and use it. And slowly but surely as we learn to pay heed to it for its true worth, it grows and grows and becomes an instinctive, intrinsic part of ourselves, exactly what it was intended to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment